Beautifully remodeled and expanded, this home enjoys a fluid layout that is filled with natural light and contemporary style. From almost every room and every level you are treated to tree-top neighborhood views that stretch all the way to the bay while also being within walking distance of downtown San Carlos, excellent schools, and the CalTrain. The oversized gourmet, eat-in kitchen is the heart of the home, with a graceful transition to a more formal dining area and a living room with a vaulted, sky-lit ceiling. Just a few steps up is a casual family living space with 14 foot sliding doors that offer a unique collaboration between the inside and an updated and manicured back yard with plenty of play and entertaining space for children and adults alike, complete with a spacious hot tub and firepit. The bedrooms are large and storage is plentiful, including a bonus spot for kids and a deep garage. This home is ideally located, with sidewalks to walk to downtown San Carlos, excellent schools including Carlmont High, and easy access to CalTrain and Hwy. 101 or 280. Nearby parks provide hiking, Arguello park-just a half mile away-has tennis courts and ball fields.
This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, multi-level home was completely rebuilt in 2004; the new homeowner’s have remodeled and expanded it even further and the improvements are impressive.
• A welcoming front porch overlooks the front gardens, where a blaze of bougainvilla drapes over the garden wall. A classic front door was chosen for the extra light it lets spill into the living room beyond. And the lock has a Ring doorbell and keyless entry system.
• The living room has a high-pitched vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace with marble and wood surround, a bay window and skylight, plus dark stained hardwood floors (used throughout the home).
• The adjacent dining area can comfortably host large gatherings and is surrounded by windows that frame the views, and a designer chandelier casts delicate ambient light.
• The kitchen was renovated, walls were opened up, ample cabinetry is available, there is an island with beverage fridge, and wine rack. The counters are White Princess quartz with soft grey veining, topped by grey subway tile back splash. The stainless steel appliances are KitchenAid and several, including the gas range, are new. The stainless steel sink features filtered, instant hot water. A ‘dutch door’ off the kitchen lets you open the top half for fresh air, while keeping pets and children safely inside. It allows access to BBQ area and backyard.
• The sunny breakfast nook has bar and table seating. At one end is a desk for household organization, and at the other is a bar area which facilitates entertaining. The giant picture window lets in lovely natural light.
• A half bath with pedestal sink and new tile floors serves this level.
• Off the kitchen is access to the garage level and a carefully designed laundry / pantry area. There is generous storage, grey Corian counters with basket weave backsplash. Stackable washer and dryer saves space. A stand alone shower is perfect for washing the dog or cooling off after a run or a game.
• This level was also completely reconfigured by the current owners. Just a few steps up from the main-level is a sunny family room. There is crown molding, a tray ceiling and remote-controlled ceiling fan. The other sides has a 14 foot wall of doors that fold away and allow complete access to the patio, yard and gardens beyond. Quintessential California living.
• There are two family bedrooms (or guest / home office) on this level, plus a full bath.
• Stairs lead to the top-level, but they stop on the landing where you have a large closet and a cozy space for the kids complete with fanciful painted walls. A large storage area here has wire racks and is ideal for holiday item storage, suitcases, or toys.
• At the top is a spacious master retreat. Soft gray walls, remote controlled skylight to see the stars, high-pitched vaulted ceilings and views that stretch out to the Bay, complete this retreat. There are two closets (customized by Closet Factory) and include drawer space (all soft close), shoe storage, and adjustable shelves. The master bath is newly remodeled with a soaking tub, separate shower, new paint and tile, dual sinks with marble counter tops, generous storage and a private commode room.
• The fourth bedroom on this level has a private balcony with sunrise views. This versatile space would be ideal as a nursery or office.
• The deep one-car garage with new wooden door is wide, so bikes can be stored, plus there are overhead racks for additional storage. The space is deep and could accommodate a work area.
• Recently painted interiors: Dual zoned AC and heating: Exceptional storage throughout, that seems to be tucked into a space just where you need it. There is under house storage that can be accessed from the garage and from the exterior side yard: Stair skylight has a remote shade that closes automatically if there is rain: Earthquake retrofit. Several windows have been recently replaced and the interior window casings enhanced.
• The back yard has been completely reorganized. The sloped lot has been terraced and now includes Connecticut blue stone patio for entertaining, a hot tub, level artificial turf area for play, dining area, large grass area, and a firepit. Bluestone stairs and wire and wood railings guide you past gardens that can grow flowers or vegetables. The upper most level offers ‘real grass’ lawn with a sandstone patio with firepit and the best place to enjoy the view. A lemon and avocado tree are just a little extra, along with palm trees, hydrangeas, trim privacy hedges, and all with soft garden lighting and fully irrigated.
Excellent San Carlos schools (GreatSchools.org) in walking distance:
Arundel Elementary (K-4) 0.4 miles
San Carlos Charter (K-8) 0.6 miles
Terra Linda Middle (5-8) 0.6miles
Mariposa Upper Elementary (4-5) 0.6m
Carlmont High School (9-12) 0.5m
- Large Kitchen
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Great Schools
- Hardwood Floors
- Quiet and Private
- Shopping Nearby
- Walk-In Closets
- Tree Top Views
- Newly Remodeled
- Abundance of Natural Light
- Indoor/Outdoor Living
- Convenient Location
- Skylights Throughout
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Granite Counter Tops
- Marble Fireplace
- Ample Storage Space
- Fresh Paint Throughout
- Dual AC and Heating